Chris Burrows has joined CBI, a Detroit based Cyber Security Services company. He has 27+ years of experience in risk management, InfoSec, and IT operational roles. Chris will provide Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) level advisory services to help clients discover and remediate security gaps within their organizations and assist in developing, improving, and managing their compliance standards or business continuity plans.
"Chris is a great addition to the CBI team," said Steve Barone, CBI founder, and CEO. "His expertise in multiple areas of business combined with his reputation as a respected leader in both the local and national cyber security community makes him a tremendous resource for our customers as well," continued Barone.
Chris was the driving force in launching CySAFE in 2014, which combines 400+ controls from 20 Critical Controls, ISO 27001, and NIST into a singular tool. His latest initiative was to build a “CISO as a Service” program in Michigan to help smaller organizations that cannot afford a full-time CISO identify gaps and build a Cyber Security and Data Protection program.
Dave Glenn, CBI’s Executive Vice President & Chief Business Development Officer commented, “Chris’s active participation in volunteer organizations, his active industry relationships with both C level executives and practitioners make him uniquely valuable to our customers and our partners alike. Adding the CySAFE Framework to our assessments provides our customers, especially in State & Local Government, Education, and Healthcare, with a powerful, simplified option for assessing and responding to risk, as well as protecting key data and IP.”
Chris also serves on many IT Security volunteer organization boards:
- Vice President for the Michigan InfraGard Chapter
- Michigan Cyber Civilians (MiC3) Sector Chief
- Cyber Patriots Advisor and Walsh College’s Cybersecurity Advisory Board.
Recent Awards received by Chris Burrows:
- 2017 Excellence in Technology Award – “CISO as a Service”
- 2017 Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation Award - Cyber Leadership in County Government (Center for Digital Government)
- 2017 Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation Award - Information Security Program in County Government (Center for Digital Government)
- 2017 Best IT Security Project in Michigan (Mi-GMIS)
- 2016 IT Professional of the Year in Michigan (Mi-GMIS)
- 2016 You Make a Difference Award (SANS)